Monday, August 16, 2010

Deep in Thought

Hello, readers. There is so much on my mind as of late, that I find it difficult to prioritize. I don't know which issue I feel the most passionately about. So, I don't feel right writing about one over the others just now. I'll tell you, just briefly, some of the things that I've been contemplating.

Just a week ago, I returned to Dallas from a mission trip to San Diego with my youth group, and I'd love to tell you about it. While it was a good trip, it also brought up some old struggles of mine with the church, some resentments were brought to the surface for me, and I've been struggling with that ever since.

Racism has been on my mind. There was a poster I saw in San Diego that was subtly anti-white. The border patrol that we passed on the journey there and back again were blatantly racist against Hispanics. It really angered me, strange as it sounds, that our van and our trailer didn't even get stopped once, because they took one look at me and decided I wasn't transporting immigrants. Meanwhile, a very American Hispanic family had been pulled over and harassed, in a small family car that had no place to hide anything. I'd like to vent about that.

Proposition 8 has been declared unconstitutional, and I'm extremely happy about that! I'd love to share all of my thoughts with you!

I've had some very profound lucid dreams, and I'd like to elaborate on the experience. I've been experimenting with this for years now, and I would very much like to chronicle my progress.

I've been re-evaluating my life, as a result of all of these things and more. I'm in a place where I feel I must do something new, but what form that new action will take remains a mystery. There are things in my life that I want to fight out loud and unyieldingly. There are things in my life that I want to build on and make stronger. There are people in my life who are hurting me and disappointing me, there are people who are more like bad habits than friends, and there are people in my life who are impressing me to an extreme and making me feel quite proud to know them. Relationships are of the utmost importance. I've been re-examining my relationship priorities on every level.

There really is so much to write about. I could go on for pages and pages about any one of these topics. For now, enjoy my blurbs. Perhaps I'll come back to each of them with more to say in the days ahead.

1 comment: